Pros & Cons
- Eco-friendly packaging
- Locally sourced fruits & vegetables
- 12 recipes to choose from, updated weekly
- Vegan and vegetarian options
- Exotic cuisine
- Lengthy prep times compared to the competition
- There are only two and four-person plans
Plans & Pricing
Feast Box’s meal plans depend on:
- The number of recipes you order per week – you can pick from 2, 3, or 4;
- And the number of people; you can order for two people or four;
Although Feast Box lists its starting price as £4 per meal, the cheaper options usually start at £5-£5.5, and meat-based meals cost upwards of £9. Feast Box lets you choose from 12 recipes, which change every week.
They also offer one-off sharing boxes and frozen ready meals. The sharing boxes serve 4-6 people with prices starting at £45 and going up to £55, and the frozen ready meals are around £6.95-£7.95.
Feast Box is a growing meal-delivery brand by Jyoti Patel, who also founded Red Rickshaw, the UK’s largest online Asian grocery store. Feast Box’s recipes are from around the world, with a focus on Asian and Middle Eastern cuisines; the brand’s goal is to take you on a ‘cultural adventure’.
When you order from Feast Box, their checkout greets you with some interesting extras. You can add drinks, desserts, and chocolate to your order. The drinks start at £1.99, for a 330ml bottle of Bombay Bicycle, and head up to £11.99 for a bottle of Aguila.
Ease of Use
Most meal prep services in the UK design meals that can be prepared in a short amount of time. Feast Box, however, has a different approach; the meals can take at least 30 minutes to prepare and require more advanced preparation efforts.
Feast Box is more geared towards providing an adventurous culinary experience, rather than a quick-and-easy food fix. But, the brand realises that many users want a quick, delicious food fix, so they’ve also introduced ready-made frozen meals.
Feast Box’s website assures users that fruits and vegetables are sourced locally from award-winning, ethical farmers. The brand is also very responsible about how they source meat and fish:
- They source Chicken, Turkey, and Duck from a multi-award winning British supplier.
- The brand has adopted the Better Chicken Commitment.
- They source Beef, Lamb, and Pork from responsible suppliers holding 10-year SALSA (Safe And Local Supplier Approval) accreditation.
Variety of Food
You can pick from Feast Box’s meal prep recipes, sharing boxes, and ready meals. The meal prep recipes alternate every week, with 12 available at any given moment.
Feast Box always includes some vegetarian and vegan options on their menu, with a minimum of 4 vegan recipes per week. Their sharing boxes also have a vegan box option, but their ready meals don’t, yet.
Feast Box’s meals are from around the world, with a focus on Asian and Middle Eastern cuisine.
Feast Box includes allergen information in its packaging to guide users better. But, it’s important to note that:
- All Feast Box’s products are handled in a facility that includes nuts.
- The products may contain allergens, including cereals with gluten, eggs, peanuts, soybeans, etc.
- Users are responsible for checking the packaging and ingredients for any allergens.
So while Feast Box is transparent and responsible about their products, their meals aren’t designed for users with allergies.
Feast Box’s recipes are an excellent choice if you like exotic, high-quality cuisine and enjoy cooking. Unlike most meal prep services, Feast Box’s recipes require some effort – you’ll need to devote your time and attention to prepare them. So if you’re looking for a quick fix, their frozen ready meal options (Fast Feasts) might be a better choice.
As a brand, Feast Box is quite responsible. They’re quick to respond to customer feedback, and they have a ‘recipe reviews’ section for you to share your thoughts. They cater to vegan and vegetarian lifestyles by committing to a minimum of 4 vegan recipes per week, and their packaging is eco-friendly. They’re also meticulous about where they source their meat and fish from and use only the best suppliers.
We found that Feast Box caters best to a niche audience. People who love trying different cuisines and enjoy cooking generally have a positive experience with the service.