Pros & Cons
- An excellent selection of different recipes
- Detailed information on ingredients, allergens, and other recipe details
- It supports credit card and PayPal payments
- Cross-platform support and available apps for iOS and Android
- Helpful customer support
- It’s hard to find live chat if you aren’t registered
- No guarantee that the meat sources are grass-fed or free-range
Plans & Pricing
Gousto has two different main pricing plans. The first one is a 2-person box, and it is ideal for couples and even individuals that like having leftovers. You can also pick a family box, which serves four persons (or even two adults and three children).
Now, the price for each box varies depending on how many recipes you select. If you pick two recipes for the regular box, you’ll pay £24.99 or £6.25 per serving. But if you choose recipes, you pay £4.37 per serving, so the entire box will be £34.99.
The approach is similar for the family box, but the prices are £3.97 (two), £3.56 (three), and £2.98 (four recipes). There’s no money-back, but you don’t pay for a mandatory subscription. It’s possible to skip or cancel an order anytime.
Gousto was launched in 2012, and it has become one of the leading meal delivery platforms in Great Britain. The company has headquarters in London but delivers food throughout the UK mainland. Whether you aim for calorie control, healthy, or delicious meals, this platform is a wise choice if you don’t have time to prepare them. Here is a detailed Gousto review that explains how everything works on the platform!
Providing detailed information about each recipe is useful. You can even choose a special option and adjust some recipes when available. Here is what else to expect when using Gousto!
Ease of Use
Gousto has a modern website and cross-platform support. Whichever device you use, placing and managing orders will be simple.
An important benefit of using the platform lies in the fresh ingredients they use. From 100% fresh meat to seasonal vegetable, each ingredient in the recipe is of the highest quality. You can get instructions on how to prepare each meal, and you can see the details about what you need for preparation on the site.
Gousto has more than 50 suppliers throughout the UK. They only focus on British produce and make sure the suppliers share the same value. The company secures free-range eggs from Lincolnshire and only sticks to traceable meat.
Cod and haddock have MSC certifications, which imply Gousto acquires them from a sustainable fishery. You’ll often see fresh seasonal vegetables in recipes on this site.
Variety of Food
Gousto ensures you have more than 60 recipes available at any moment. They change the offer weekly to ensure it’s not repetitive.
While selecting the food, you can see the following categories:
- Calorie-controlled. This section contains recipes that have less than 600 calories and usually present veg-friendly options.
- Healthy choices. The platform selects a range of meals that can be a healthy option.
- Meat and fish dishes. These have chicken, pork, beef, or fish as the main ingredients.
- Vegetarian and plant-based. This special category is for those who have specific food requirements.
- Fast preparation. You can pick between five and 10-minute options, which is convenient if you have a busy schedule.
The company tries to offer a wide range of recipes to accommodate everyone’s preferences. If you have certain allergies, you’ll need to look for a suitable recipe. The good news is that each dish comes with detailed allergen information. Furthermore, they marked potential allergens in the ingredient list in bold letters. Make sure to read the information specified to ensure you pick the right meals. It’s worth noting you can filter gluten and dairy-free meals to make your choice easier.
Gousto has a helpful customer team, but they are more eager to assist registered users. The company openly states that they have a priority, but the good news is you don’t have to wait long for an answer either way. The working hours of the customer support are Monday to Sunday from 8:30 AM to 7:45 PM GMT.
- Live chat. You can contact an agent via the website or app.
- Phone. The customer care team is available at 0203 0111 002.
- Email. You can use the website to send an email to the staff.
- FAQs. The entire section has categories that help easier navigation.
- Blog. The section is incredibly useful and filled with different articles readers will find useful.
Phone SupportThe customer care team is available at 0203 0111 002.
Live Online ChatYou can contact an agent via the website or app.
FAQThe entire section has categories that help easier navigation.
BlogThe section is incredibly useful and filled with different articles readers will find useful.
Gousto has been around for a decade, and they kept a high standard of service quality. You can use the platform at home or on the go, thanks to the free mobile apps available. The company makes sure to always have more than 60 recipes available in different categories. Whether you are a vegan, looking to minimize calorie intake, or want a meaty dish, you’ll find a suitable option.
You can pick between two packages that focus on individuals and couples or families. The payments are simple via credit card or PayPal, and customer support is there to help if you need any assistance. Overall, Gousto is one of the top meal delivery platforms available in the UK!