Get A Taste of Global Cuisine with Meal Kit Services
One of the best parts of traveling is getting to try out new flavors, spices, and ingredients through local cuisine. If you live in a multicultural city, you may have a wide range of global food options in your neighborhood. However, this isn’t the case for everyone.
Most of us are unable to travel frequently enough to try a new dish that represents global gastronomy each day. Even if we live somewhere with great global food options, eating at a new restaurant every day is expensive.
Luckily, there is an alternative that allows you to indulge in freshly-made, exotic types of cuisine more frequently.
Several meal kit services offer a wide range of authentic and fusion recipes and ingredient options. These teach you to make fresh food from around the world right at home! They are often more affordable than dining out. Deliveries arrive straight to your door, complete with everything you need. Also nice, recipes often take less than 30 minutes to cook.
Here we give you several suggestions for meal kit services that offer global cuisine choices. You can scroll down to the cuisine you have hankering for first. Next, be sure to bookmark this page for your next global meal.
Why Stray Away from the Norm with World Cuisine?
The Standard American Diet isn’t always the healthiest. It tends to rely heavily on processed carbohydrates, fats, and meat with little focus on fruits, vegetables, and spices. World cuisine can add some much-needed nutrition, flavors, and spices to your life. If you are more of a meat and potatoes type of guy or gal, you may feel unsure about the idea of spending your nights trying recipes for food you’re not too sold on. You’ll be happy to know that there are meal delivery kits and meal kit services that make creating these global flavors at home simple. If that’s not enough, we also have 3 more encouraging reasons for trying new types of cuisine.
1. Greater Nutritional Variety
By trying new foods, especially those that stray farther away from your normal diet, you are also expanding the nutrition your body is getting. Does a recipe call for a vegetable you’ve never heard of? You’re likely getting lots of healthy vitamins and antioxidants your regular diet is lacking.
2. Encourage Mindful Eating
How many times have we scarfed down a hamburger to relieve our hunger, without really appreciating the flavors? When you try new things, you tend to eat more mindfully. Mindfulness is about being aware of what your senses are picking up, and what you are feeling and thinking at the moment.
When you encounter new flavors, you take notice and you spend at least a few seconds thinking about it and piecing together the new flavor you are exposing yourself to. Ultimately, when you try global foods for the first time, you are truly rooted at the moment – the ultimate ticket to mindfulness.
3. You Set a Good Example
Are you cooking for friends or family? By being open to trying new things, you are also setting an example for those around you, especially children. It teaches others to truly appreciate everything on their plate.
6 Global Cuisine Styles from Your Kitchen with Meal Delivery Kits
Here are 6 types of global cuisine with several meal delivery kit options and meal kit services who offer them.
Thai food tends to be very aromatic, so you can be sure the aroma that fills the kitchen will make your mouth water long before the meal is done. Most dishes have a spicy edge. Furthermore, they often include ingredients with medicinal properties. The spicy salads, curries, and boiled dishes have vibrant colors, textures, and flavors. Without a doubt, most Thai meals you make will surely be hard to forget.
Meal Kit Services with Thai Cuisine Options
- Shrimp Pad Thai from Home Chef: Pad Thai is one of the most iconic Thai dishes. You will make this dish with tender rice noodles and succulent shrimp. Add a sweet and spicy sauce and peanuts to top it off.
- Coconut & Vadouvan Salmon from Blue Apron: There is something about the combination of coconut and curry that transports you to Thailand. The addition of salmon will make you feel like you are cooking it on the beach.
- Thai Curry Chicken from Blue Apron: What makes Thai curry different from other curries? Combine the yellow curry paste with coconut milk broth and chili sauce.
Greek cuisine is a variety of Mediterranean cuisine, meaning you will be able to take advantage of the health benefits of this world food. It contains a wide variety of vegetables and grains, plus often includes olive oil, fish, and different types of meat.
Meal Kit Services with Greek Cuisine Options
- Chicken Gyro Salad from Hello Fresh: This pita-less gyro dinner is a less-carby twist on the traditional Greek dish. It includes Tzatziki dressing and heirloom tomatoes for a uniquely delicious flavor.
- Greek Chicken and Olive Tapenade from Blue Apron: This 25-minute meal gets its great Greek flavor from oregano and olive tapenade. The recipe pairs the chicken with an orzo, Brussel sprout, and feta cheese mix, bringing the flavors of Greece into your home.
- Souvlaki Greek Chicken from Home Chef: Souvlaki is a special Greek preparation of meat ad vegetables. You’ll pair the chicken potato feta side with Green garlic yogurt and cucumber sauce.
It is impossible to describe Indian cuisine in a few sentences because each unique region uses locally available spices, herbs, fruits, and vegetables. Most people would describe Indian cuisine as heavily spiced and will sometimes even staining your fingers when you eat it! Some of the most iconic spices include chili pepper, black mustard, cumin, turmeric, cardamom, ginger, and garlic, among many others. Most Indian food is vegetarian. In other words, it is a great option for non-meat eaters. There are also some non-vegetarian varieties of most dishes for meat-eaters.
Meal Kit Services with Indian Cuisine Options
- Spiced Indian Daal from Home Chef: Daal is a spiced lentil dish flavored with ginger, mustard, onion, clove, chili, and cumin. Pair this vegetarian dish with jasmine rice for an aromatic twist.
- Chickpea Coconut Curry from Blue Apron: This isn’t your regular vegetarian curry. Its rich flavor comes from lime juice, tomato chutney, garlic rice, and coconut chips. It’s a recipe you won’t want to miss.
- Palak’s South Indian Shrimp Curry by Hello Fresh: For a non-vegetarian Indian option, try this shrimp curry designed by Chef Palak. Make this shrimp stew with coconut milk and the rich flavor of curry, tomatoes, and garam masala.
French cuisine is an iconic European cuisine that is known for its rich flavors and, fresh and high-quality ingredients. In fact, most people perceive it as a very elegant global food. Cheese and wine are an important part of this fare.
Meal Kit Services with French Cuisine Options
- Classic French Ratatouille from Home Chef: This rustic, vibrant, classic French dish uses spring vegetables roasted with a red pepper coulis. Pair it with a crusty baguette and your in for a delicious meal.
- Kale & Ricotta Quiche from Blue Apron: This quiche is made extra fluffy thanks to the egg and ricotta blend. For a nutrient boost, the recipe mixes it with sautéed kale and served with a romaine and apple salad.
- French Onion Soup and Roast Beef Melt from Home Chef: This is an original pairing of a French dip sandwich and French onion soup instead of the traditional au jus dipping sauce. Complement it with a side of roasted broccoli for a balanced meal.
Mexican cuisine has ancient beginnings, and several of the pre-Columbian ingredients, such as maize and beans, are still an essential part of this global food. Some well-known native ingredients include beans, squash, amaranth, chia, avocados, agave, sweet potato, and several different types of chili pepper.
Meal Kit Services with Mexican Cuisine Options
- Mexican Chicken and Rice Bowl from Hello Fresh: This Mexican fusion bowl combines several iconic Mexican flavors, including spiced chicken, fresh salsa and lime crema.
- Pork Chorizo & Corn Quesadillas by Blue Apron: Quesadillas are a favorite within and out of Mexico, but what really makes this recipe shine is the chorizo, a Mexican-style grilled sausage. You’ll combine it with sweet corn and guajillo chile sauce.
- Mexican-Style Chicken & Potato Salad by Blue Apron: This easy-to-make dish includes spiced chicken breasts and a filling potato salad characterized by tomatillo, a classic Mexican fruit.
Vietnamese cuisine is greatly influenced by the Asian principle of five elements (chi, or energy that balance the cosmos) and the principle of yin-yang balance. The five elements in Vietnamese cuisine include spices, organs, colors, senses, and nutrients. In order to preserve yin-yang balance, foods are thought to have “heating” and “cooling” properties. Common ingredients include lemongrass, ginger, mint, lime, chili, Thai basil, and Saigon cinnamon.
Meal Kit Services with Vietnamese Cuisine Options
- The Vietnamese Chicken Bowl from Hello Fresh: Embrace Vietnamese cuisine by combining chicken, rice, and veggies with soy sauce, lime, and cilantro, not to mention spicy sriracha sauce.
- Vietnamese Chicken “Bun Cha” from Hello Fresh: This is a traditional Vietnamese dish made with pickled veggies, and vermicelli noodles, ans well as aromatic cilantro and mint.
- Vietnamese Turkey and Avocado Salad by Home Chef: The ground turkey is seasoned with sambal seasons and mixed with a garlic sesame sauce for a rich flavor and aroma. The avocado cilantro dressing adds to the festival of flavors of this Vietnamese salad.
After reading this list of global cuisine options, even the mouth of the biggest skeptic must be watering. It is clear that there is something for everyone when it comes to world food. Thanks to these meal kit services, you can bring the adventure and taste of traveling to your kitchen.
*The information in this article is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical or nutritional advice. You are advised to consult your physician, nutrition or other qualified health provider before consuming any meal or beginning any dietary program.. The information is not intended to be relied upon for medical treatment, recommended diet or diagnosis. Reliance upon any opinion or advice provided is at your own risk